Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
This podcast introduces the subject of the debates that took place in the Fall of 1858 between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas. Here are links to some of the books referenced in this podcast:
- The Lincoln-Douglas Debates, edited by Robert W. Johannsen.
- Lincoln and Douglas: The Debates that Defined America by Allen Guelzo.
- Lincoln, Douglas, and Slavery: In the Crucible of Public Debate by David Zarefsky.
- Crisis of the House Divided: An Interpretation of the Issues in the Lincoln-Douglas Debates by Harry Jaffa.
- Vindicating Lincoln written by your host, Thomas L. Krannawitter.